Monday, November 19, 2012

Rocky Point

One of my favorite fishing spots is at Rocky Point, Mexico.

We have a small condo there. For Veterans Day I went fishing with my fly fishing group DFC. Here are some pictures



It's called a permit. It is one of the most admired and difficult game fish to catch and it was my first fish caught on the ocean. I didn't realize how lucky i was to catch it until we got it identified. Funny Hugh?

On Saturday and Sunday I caught a whole bunch of these Queenland Leatherbacks.

leatherback DSCN0974.jpg

I caught them on top water with what is called a popper.

Leatherback on popper DSCN0996.jpg

Look at the bait. Poppers!!!!  Ahhhhh!!!!

These are some of my friends that went with me, We fly fish in single man pontoons.

mike and john DSCN0988.jpg

This is me in my pontoon.


grunt DSCN0279_zps17dfd99f.jpg

I know I look like a goofy pioneer in my buff. I don't think I will wear my buff anymore.

My daughter tells me she does not like fishing but only likes catching fish. I wonder how she liked catching this fish?
 Cassidy DSCN0161.jpg

I Most of the time we catch triggers. Which are ugly and stink but fight like a mother!

 ugly and sloppy DSCN0294_zpsc0f23ef4.jpg

Parrot fish. They look like rainbow colored carp, only they have teeth.

 parrot DSCN0275_zps0af824c9.jpg
And Cabria.
 Cabria DSCN0947.jpg

Rocky Point is our own little Ocean paradise and it is not too touristy. Many people from Arizona go there.

fence 2 DSCN10121.jpg

 Happy Trails!!!

good by DSCN1029.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment